Chicken Curry in a Hurry (7 Pts)


Last night, I made a fantastic Thai-inspired curry. It was too fantastic to hoard the recipe all to myself. Most of the ingredients are easy to find. However, fenugreek has always been a tricky item for me to track down. Like most items, it can be found on Amazon. I have added links to the milk, curry paste, and fenugreek seeds in the ingredient list below. 

Chicken Curry in a Hurry
Serves 4
7 Points per serving
(27 Points per entire recipe)

16 oz. chicken breast (cut into strips)
2 cups Califia Toasted Coconut Almond Milk  
4 medium size russet potatoes, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
2 large carrots, chopped
2 celery ribs, chopped
1 cup fresh spinach
2 oz. Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste (half of a jar)
2 Tbsp. peanut butter
3 tsp. avocado or olive oil 
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tsp. white pepper
3 tsp. salt
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. ground turmeric
1 tsp crushed red pepper
1/1 tsp. fenugreek seed

Heat 4-quart Dutch oven, containing the avocado oil, over medium heat.
Clean and chop carrots, celery, potatoes, and onion. Add to Dutch oven and sautee until they become fragrant (about 4 minutes).

Add chicken to the Dutch oven. Sprinkle with salt, white pepper, turmeric, fenugreek, and crushed red pepper.

Mix milk, peanut butter, red curry paste, spinach, and garlic together. I use my blender to ensure everything mixes together well. Pour over the meat and veggies. Stir well and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 45 minutes. The sauce will thicken as the mixture reduces.

I like to eat this in a bowl (soup-style). My husband serves this on top of cooked rice. There are about 10 cups or so per batch. It makes a solid 4 servings. 

The Califia coconut almond milk is what makes this dish so spectacular. Wait...I take that back. Maybe it's the peanut butter. No, it has to be the Thai Kitchen curry paste. Of all the curry pastes I have tried over the years, this one is by far my favorite, and it is sold in most grocery stores across the US. As you can see, I can't decide exactly what makes this meal so magical. The combination of it all is the trick, and it's significantly lighter than take-out. Enjoy!

XO,
Heather (AKA: TheWWChick)

Comments